Date(s) - 04/12/2018
7:30 am - 4:30 pm
TraneOregon Training Center
Contractors, owners and facility operation personnel and technicians who are required to maintain boilers and combustion safety control systems on low-pressure heating boilers.
The operation and components of boilers, burners, combustion safety devices and low-pressure steam and hot water heating boiler fittings are described. Common steam and hydronic heating systems are described along with procedures to initially startup and maintain them. Testing and maintenance step-by-step procedures are covered including ASME CSD-1 requirements.
Job aids are provided to assist technicians with tasks associated with most combustion safety control testing.
LENGTH OF COURSE: 1 Day
- Describe ASME CSD-1 testing, maintenance, and documentation requirements
- Describe the various common boiler types and the differences between steam and hot water heating boilers
- Explain how several high-efficiency boilers operate different than older types and how low-temperature return water is handled
- Describe the requirements for various steam boiler fittings and how they operate and their testing and maintenance procedures
- Describe the requirements for various hot water boiler fittings and how they operate and their testing and maintenance procedures
- Describe how combustion safety devices operation and how to test and maintain them
- Describe how to do a steam and hot water boiler initial startup, and the typical operating and maintenance procedures for the boiler and its system
- Describe some common boiler repairs
- Describe various air heating systems