Date(s) - 03/21/2018
8:00 am - 10:00 am
Hawaii Trane Training Center
ENL: Chilled Water System Decisions
Many chilled-water system decisions are made during the course of the design process. Those design decisions and the specific application lead to other system decisions – such as bypass line sizing and length, pump location, use of pressure independent valves, buffer tank size, etc.
This ENL covers the reasons for many system decisions —from common considerations to more advanced topics. Viewers will leave with practical guidance that should simplify future design of chilled-water systems.
Here are just a few of the things you’ll learn by attending:
- A few control strategies for chillers in series
- How to properly size bypass lines in a chilled-water system
- Applying triple duty or balancing valves at the pump discharge
- The importance of staying within the minimum and maximum flow limits
- Differences between manifolded or dedicated pumps
- Whether you can use existing coils for higher delta Ts
- And more….
Presenters: Mick Schwedler, Dustin Meredith, Justin Wieman
8:10 am Doors Open
8:30 am Presentation
10:00 am Conclusion