Date(s) - 05/16/2018
7:40 am - 9:30 am
TraneOregon Training Center
Categories No Categories
The market demands open, standard communication protocols to deliver flexible and interoperable control systems for building owners. Recent innovations in the industry have made this even more prevalent. This program discusses BACnet® communication protocol, with emphasis on specifications, various wireless communication options, and where each best applies, and concludes with a comparison of wired versus wireless communication.
Jim Kohl and Dan Kollodge, Trane engineers
Here are just a few of the things you’ll learn by attending:
- Specify BACnet communications for an interoperable building automation system
- Identify BTL certified control devices
- Understand the pros and cons of BACnet MS/TP versus BACnet/IP
- Properly apply various wireless technologies to where they best fit
- Summarize the benefits of using wireless communication for HVAC control
Qualifies for 1.0 learning units toward GBCI/LEED professional credential maintenance, AIA (HSW) continuing education.